Saturday, April 19, 2008

Race Cars, Planes and Other Manly Pursuits



Charles has reached the age where time with his Dad is a very important thing. He wants to talk about grease and wheels and physics and other such things that I can only hope to understand. This of course, is Ron's job. He gets it, he wants to talk about it, he enjoys sharing it with Charles. So this weekend I sent them off to the Coastal Carolina Air Show where noisy planes fly overhead, cockpits with complicated gadgets and shiny things beckon to them and seemingly famous race cars are ready for their closeups. That's really all I know about their guys day out and honestly,
I don't ask. As long as I get good pictures of Charles smiling in the
back of some winged machine and they both come home happy, tired and I get a quiet day alone with Nick - what more can a Mom ask for.

No comments: